Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote (UK)
We’re looking for a Senior Audio Programmer to join our team. You will be working in a talented team made up of Audio Designers and Programmers and work closely with our Programming team. Your main responsibility will be to design, implement and maintain innovative audio solutions that can be deployed across a range of projects both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Sound Designers to design, implement and maintain innovative audio solutions that can be deployed across a range of projects.
- Mentor other members of the team through code, documentation and other interactions.
- Identify technical roadblocks and suggest solutions.
- Develop a range of audio features in Unreal Engine 5 / Wwise / C++.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge.
- Bug fixing and optimization, including at the engine level.
- Own the technical implementation of game-wide audio systems.
- Key player in our audio team delivering multiple titles across multiple platforms.
- Collaborating with feature teams and content creators to give direction and feedback on content requirements, and to give guidance for our engine, tools and frameworks.
- Being proactive and helping with problem solving in other audio and related areas.
- Significant professional experience with C++.
- Shipped titles as an Audio Programmer.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine / Blueprints / Wwise.
- Attention to detail and a demonstrable passion for audio in games.
- Passionate about playing and building video games!
- Experienced team player comfortable with sharing ideas and mentoring with others.
- Experience in the technical design, implementation, and maintenance of game audio systems.
- Experience coding audio DSP a plus.
- Knowledge of audio design patterns.
The interview process for the Senior Audio Programmer role is made up of 2 stages:
- First interview (30 – 45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your background, experience and working history relating to the position with our Audio Director and Associate Studio Technical Director. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Final interview (45 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Technical Director. This will be a chance for you to get to know the Senior Management team and all the things that make Lucid, Lucid! You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio and Culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.