Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
Senior Audio Software Engineer – Call of Duty – New Studio
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 “Game of the Year” awards and 100 “Editor’s Choice” awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
Infinity Ward has opened a brand new studio in Austin, TX. The studio will work on creating new and innovative experiences for Call of Duty® and create state of the art technology to power them. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment to unleash your creativity and help make the extraordinary.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at
Infinity Ward – Austin is looking for a talented Senior Audio Software Engineer, someone with a strong interest in audio processing and a passion for creating an awesome audio experience. You should be comfortable working with both programmers and audio content creators, as you will be working closely with both teams. Our games have won best sound awards from The Game Awards, MPSE Golden Reel and been nominated for DICE and many others.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Own the audio technology pipeline and custom audio tool set for our proprietary game engine.
- Work with audio designers and programmers to design, prototype, and implement new audio features.
- Develop implementation plans and time estimates for tasks.
- Work with the content team to meet project requirements within performance and memory budgets.
- Support and proactively interface with the audio designers.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Audio programming education or experience.
- 6+ years of professional programming experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Familiarity with C#.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines.
- Strong math skills.
- DSP and 3D audio programming experience.
- Experience with middleware solutions such as Wwise and FMOD.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming.
- Experience programming on multiple game consoles.
- Experience with first person shooters and multiplayer action games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.