Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
About Probably Monsters™ Studios
Probably Monsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
• Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
• Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
• Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer who is passionate about video games and bringing high-quality entertainment to millions of players. This position is with our central audio team, supporting a variety of products and teams as well as focusing on core projects, with opportunities for project focus, growth, and leadership. As a Senior Sound Designer, you will be creating world-class audio that helps our studios achieve their creative vision, while providing immersion, emotion, and information to our players.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional sound designer that has a diverse portfolio of outstanding content.
- You have a refined audio aesthetic with a keen ear for detail and nuance, understanding the impact audio has on the overall quality of a game: providing immersion and information, as well as evoking emotion from the player.
- You thrive collaborating across disciplines but can also work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision, managing your own time effectively, with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- You find reward in sharing your knowledge and experiences with peers, by informing best practices, mentoring, and providing documenting.
- A broad audio competency is desirable; however, this is not a music composition role.
What You Will Do
- Designing and implementing sounds for a variety of interactive and linear content.
- Meeting with the teams to review recent work, receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- Recording original content for our projects and to augment our proprietary audio library.
- Working with Gameplay Designers to make sure audio is supporting gameplay mechanics and providing player feedback.
- Collaborating with both the Audio Programmer and the Audio Director to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipeline.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional sound design experience in linear and/or interactive entertainment, with a demo reel containing examples of your work.
- You have a proven ability to conceptualize and create immersive and emotional audio experiences in video games with a high bar of quality.
- You have a deep knowledge of game audio best practices, implementation tools, and technologies.
- You have experience recording in the studio and in the field.
Our Commitment To You
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.