Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
Senior Sound Designer – Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride.
Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As a Senior Sound Designer, you have extensive experience in sound design and environmental audio for games. You will work directly with the Audio Director, Audio Producer, and other members of the audio and development team to execute on creative vision and goals. One must be comfortable operating in a professional manner while interfacing with the various artists, designers, and engineers in bringing this game to life through audio.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work from home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you bring to the table:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build bridges with members of our world and engineering teams, to create dynamic sound spaces.
- Develop sound effects, ambience, and atmospheres that shape an ever-changing landscape.
- Assess and drive toolset improvements to increase development capabilities and enhance the player experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years of game team sound design and implementation experience or combination of applicable training and experience.
- Multiple shipped titles in the role of sound designer
- Experience implementing game audio via Audiokinetic Wwise
- Demonstrable proficiency working in DAW workstations, such as REAPER, Nuendo, or Pro Tools
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools
- Able to take ownership of entire feature sets such as environmental audio
- Experience mentoring sound designers in a creative capacity
- Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Development experience within the survival game genre
- Development experience on AAA game teams.
- Scripting and/or light programming knowledge
- Console game implementation
- Background in music production (though music composition is not within the scope of this job)
- Experience working collaboratively with a cross functional team
- Excellent communication skills that can be used for comprehensive documentation
- Highly organized with little oversight needed to follow through on task completion.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration, and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 – $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.