Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
As a Sound Design Intern, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multidisciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking you will continue to challenge and grow yourself as a member of the audio discipline.
As a Sound Design Intern on League of Legends or Valorant , you will be focused on designing sound and audio content for various product teams, with creative guidance and insight from product leads and initiative audio leads. You will also be endlessly creative, and motivated to level up in craft and process to make your ideas a reality for players. With direction and feedback, you can hit the quality bar of your craft, and are always hungry to apply what you have learned to the next challenge.
Please note, you will not be involved in the creation or production of music.
- Contribute to the development and execution of audio for characters, skin-lines or other recurring features
- Develop constructive working relationships with others to achieve team goals
- Collaborate with other disciplines to understand appropriate processes for audio content delivery
- Collaborate with central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features
- Record, edit, and design sound effects using industry standard methods and tools
- Navigate discipline and team feedback
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with the holistic game audio process (i.e. – Sound Design, Voice Over, Technology, Player Experience)
- Proficiency with sound design creation tools (i.e. ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) and techniques
- Knowledge of sound design and voice over implementation methods
- Knowledge of one audio middleware (i.e. Wwise, Fmod)
- Familiarity with overall game engine technology (i.e. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience working within collaborative team environments
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision- making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Reel Submission Advice:
- Reel should showcase audio work to visuals
- Reel may contain work from school projects that are a fit for this internship
- Ideally showcases game audio work, though audio work for linear media (films, trailers etc.) is also okay
- It should specify your exact contribution in cases where you are highlighting a group proje ct
- Reel should NOT include music work, as this internship is not focused on music
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).