Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
We create ambitious games in a quietly awesome culture.
That simple statement is at the heart of what we do here at Possibility Space. Founded by a diverse and experienced team of game and media industry veterans, we are built from the ground up as a distributed studio, allowing developers to live and work where they are happiest. We strive to create an environment where we can do our best work regardless of what we look like, who we love, or how we identify.
We are looking for a Sound Designer with a passion for games, a musical sensibility, and a thorough knowledge of sound engineering and editing. You will be collaborating with a world class team of audio designers, technical artists, and engineers to assist in executing the audio vision set by our Audio Director. This is an opportunity to help shape the future of audio at Possibility Space, creating narrative driven and emotionally compelling soundscapes for our original IP. The ideal candidate understands the power of great audio to heighten the player experience and give voice to the unseen.
Please include a link to your showreel in your application, and cover letters are encouraged!
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
Paint the soundscape.
- Create AAA-level astounding sounds. Record, edit, synthesize; choose the appropriate tools for the best result.
- Assist the Audio Team in the creative and technical execution of the Audio vision set by the Audio Director
- Implement audio using our in-house audio solution.
- Regularly review your work with the Audio Lead/Director to ensure a strong and consistent audio style.
- Proactively participate in finding creative and technical solutions to unique problems.
- Test all aspects of the audio to ensure playback and features are working as intended and TRC compliant.
- Maintain the cohesion of the audio content by following standard Mastering practices.
CORE TRAITS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE)
- A vibrant, creative mindset i.e., a tinkerer! (We love tinkerers!)
- Exceptional sound design and editing skills – show your best material in the Showreel.
- Ability to create sounds for a wide range of styles, moods, and environments.
- Ability to learn new in-house tools and processes.
- Mastery of at least one DAW – we use Reaper!
- Experienced in the use of middlewares.
- Knowledge of sound engineering best practices, including editing, mixing and mastering.
Bonus points: A Sound Designer, with musical sensibility
- Experience in Music Editing (linear and/or interactive media)
- Experience in mixing and mastering music (linear and/or interactive media)
- Advanced knowledge of Reaper DAW
- A passion for sound and music in games, interactive installations or other forms of audio-visual entertainment
- A profound appreciation of video games
- Experience developing with Unity
- Experience developing for a live, service-based game.
- Experience owning areas of the soundscape or features from concept to finalization
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possibility Space is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition(s), national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances, or common human decency.