Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 “Game of the Year” awards and 100 “Editor’s Choice” awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As a Sound Designer at Infinity Ward, you will use your technical and creative audio skills to bring life to the action in our next big adventure. Joining an award winning team, you will help create a cinematic soundscape for our next AAA title from inception, leveraging your passion, experience and critical thinking to help guide team decisions and provide valuable input to your peers. All while applying your own craft to deliver experiences that exceed player expectations. As a team member in the audio discipline, you’ll contribute to the overall excellence of the game, while challenging yourself to learn and grow.
- Contribute to all aspects of sound design, implementation, post-production, and audio engineering.
- Create and implement sound effects.
- Assist with field recordings.
- Assist with audio R&D and tool development.
- Coordinate with game designers and the audio team to reach audio aesthetic goals.
- Demonstrable passion for developing high quality audio and games.
- Seek and be open to feedback and suggestions from others.
- Be flexible and responsive to the needs of the team and value working relationships.
- 3+ years of industry related experience (with one or more published AAA game credits).
- Audio recording, processing, and mixing skills – particularly with sound effects and dialog.
- Knowledge and experience with current pro audio tools, such Pro-Tools, Sound Forge, Waves and other high-end plug-ins, etc. – as well as professional outboard gear, recording gear, and microphones.
- Understanding of next gen console audio functionality and capabilities.
- Excellent PC/Mac skills and proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Good work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Surround or Dolby Atmos mixing experience is a plus.
- Scripting skills is a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.