Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
Firaxis Audio – Sound Designer – Job Description
Firaxis is searching for a talented Sound Designer to join its audio team! In this collaborative role you will be working alongside other audio team members to create outstanding interactive and linear sonic experiences across our titles.
As a sound designer, you work semi-autonomously to create, edit, and implement audio into the development pipeline. You will work closely with various teams to help co-develop and implement interactive audio systems across disciplines.
The ideal candidate has proven design sense, attention to detail and a general level of technical expertise, along with a strong understanding of audio engineering principles and techniques. You take direction well while also offering feedback in a structured and considerate manner, are eager to learn and passionately motivated to push the boundaries of game audio.
A demo reel showcasing relevant sound design is required for consideration of this role
- Create and design unique sound assets to utilize across all aspects of our projects both linear and interactive
- Implement sound assets (SFX, Foley, Voice, Music, etc.) creatively within our game and audio engines across various projects and platforms
- Collaborate with other audio team members to develop and refine the audio design aesthetic
- Collaborate with non-audio team members (e.g. art, design, engineering, etc.) to support gameplay across various disciplines
- Participate in the overall audio pipeline and feature development
- Help manage and maintain Wwise project organization and structures
- Troubleshoot and debug audio issues throughout development
- 2+ Years game development experience focused on sound design and implementation or equivalent related experience
- At least one shipped AAA title or equivalent major project completed as a contributing member of an audio team and/or pipeline
- Skilled in creating audio assets utilizing a wide range of tools and concepts
- General knowledge of audio production standards and best practices within the games industry
- Proficient with AudioKinetic’s Wwise authoring toolset
- A passion for audio and game development
- Strong critical listening skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of Unreal 4/5 development and visual node-based scripting tools is a plus
- Experience recording & editing Foley assets is a plus
- Field recording experience is a plus
What a typical day might look like…
As a Sound Designer at Firaxis your typical day may include:
- Attending a weekly sound team stand up
- Editing a custom sound asset to be imported into Wwise and then implemented into the game engine
- Syncing the latest build to review your changes and adjust content as needed
- Updating an audio design document related to a feature you’ve been working on
- Joining a team wide playtest and providing feedback and notes related to audio