Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join the multi award-winning Total War audio department as an experienced Sound Designer, helping deliver first class audio experiences for our franchise which cover a wide range of AAA IP’s, based at our studio in Sofia, Bulgaria.
With a desire to push creative and technological boundaries and further the legacy of our successful franchises, your work will be wide and varied, collaborating with development and central teams to create genre leading audio experiences. As an experienced Sound Designer, you will have broad experience across game audio development and be proficient designing, implementing and balancing audio content and systems. As part of our centralised team, you will get the opportunity to work across multiple and varied creative projects, locally and internationally.
All audio applicants for this role must submit a sound design show reel in support of their application, demonstrating excellence and creativity with sound design and systems. Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
You will create innovative and exciting solutions to our games’ audio needs. Producing creative content, helping design technical systems and tools, implementing and balancing audio into our products.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create compelling sound design and technical solutions that will elevate our games and are in line with the defined aesthetics
- Implement, optimise, mix and fix issues with interactive sound designs, systems and tools
- Assist Lead Sound Designer with any scoping support for assigned areas
- Collaborate with Lead Sound Designer and audio programmers to design new audio features, systems and tools
- Collaborate with game designers and other key stakeholders to support the wider gameplay mechanics and features
- Support the development of our technology and toolsets, working with the Lead Sound Designer and directors, identifying improvements and solutions
- Contribute to the development of our in-house asset library and custom recordings
- Support department and discipline-wide strategy and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience working at a development studio or video games publisher as a sound/audio designer on one or more full-product cycles -console or PC
- Strong capability in designing, producing and editing audio assets and systems
- Proficient at implementing, balancing and optimising audio using commercial or in-house audio engines i.e. Wwise, FMOD, ADX2
- Solid understanding of implementation fundamentals, with practical experience
- Demonstrably passionate about video games
- Creative and logical thinker
- Great communicator, with strong listening and interpretation skills
- High attention to detail, organised and methodical.
- AAA project experience in a sound/audio creative capacity
- Studio and/or location-based sound effects recording experience
- Experience with AudioKinetic’s Wwise engine
- Strong proficiency with Reaper
- Have worked as part of a centralised team
- Can drive/has car (for remote location recording sessions)
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand.
- Experience programming software / hardware synthesizers
- Visual scripting experience i.e. Node graph-based or Blueprints
- Experience with Unreal Engine
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognize that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day – toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.