Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
As a Sound Designer, you breathe life into the game world and help players succeed in it. Bungie is seeking an audio artist eager to work in multiple areas and styles to join a brand new project. This is a unique opportunity to join an IP at the ground level and help define its signature sounds for years to come.
- Design assets ranging from weapons to UI, ambiences to vehicles, voice to foley
- Manage and implement your own audio assets in the engine
- Collaborate directly with artists, designers, and engineers to construct engaging sounds and the systems that drive them
- Work in partnership with your team to establish and fulfill the franchise audio vision
- Propose technical and artistic approaches in developing new tools and workflows
- Spearhead audio concepting and palette generation exercises like source jams and field recording sessions
- Mentor sound design talent studio wide
- Portfolio of project-defining content
- Keen sense of game audio aesthetics
- Finesse with modern audio production tools such as Reaper
- Advanced implementation methods and mix techniques via Audiokinetic WWise
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A hunger for growth and enthusiasm for knowledge sharing
- Linear post production and field recording experience
- Experience overseeing or mentoring junior designers
- VR / Spatial Audio experience
- FPS / Multi-player experience
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.