Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
(French version below)
Larian Studios are searching for an experienced Audio Director to shape the player’s experience of our dynamic and immersive worlds through sound. We take great care and pride in building our expansive locations, spells, creatures and civilizations, and we’re looking for someone to drive the vision and implementation of how these elements are given life through audio implementation.
As an Audio Director at Larian Studios, partner with the Creative Director to generate a vision for weaving an immersive audio landscape, manage a talented team of sound designers and technical audio programmers to ensure their work is hitting our AAA expectations, and oversee the integration pipeline to maintain efficiency and achieve state of industry practices.
• Create and maintain a direction and high-level planning documents for the sound production
• Advocate for the player’s experience of the story and mechanics through sound design
• Maintain tight alignment with Composer / Music Director to ensure consistent audio presentation for the player
• Oversee the recording, authorship, implementation and mixing of both gameplay audio and cinematics
• Advise on technical issues in the Voice Over pipeline and supervise post processing tasks to maintain a consistent audioscape
• Improve and develop the sound production pipelines according to the company’s vision, needs and direction
• Balance authorship between systematics and handcrafted approaches
• Manage the sound team’s workload and task distribution in partnership with Production
• Coordinate with Production to foster clear communication inside the team while maintaining alignment with your fellow department directors
• Shipped at least one game as an audio director or multiple as audio lead Ability to communicate a clear vision and outline implementation strategies
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Feels equally well when learning from other colleagues, as well as sharing their knowledge with others
• Well organized and capable of tackling sudden changes / issues, whenever needed
• Experience with and an In-Depth knowledge of WWise
• Experience using a professional DAW (eg Nuendo/Cubase/Reaper) in a production environment.
• Work in the office of Larian Studios in Quebec City, Canada or Guildford, England
• Passion for RPG games or Immersive Sims
• Experience in TV, Film, or the Recording industry
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Larian Studios is looking for a qualified Audio Director to enrich the player’s aural experience in our dynamic and immersive worlds. We place the utmost importance on the creation of our worlds, spells, creatures and civilizations and we are looking for someone who will lead the vision and implementation by which these elements come to life through the audio implementation.
As Audio Director at Larian Studios, you will work in collaboration with the Creative Director to create a common vision to develop an immersive soundscape. You will manage a talented team of sound designers and technical audio programmers ensuring their work meets our AAA expectations and you will oversee network integration to maintain efficiency and achieve industry best practice.
• Create and maintain high quality direction and planning documents for sound production
• Promote player experience of story and operation through sound design
• Maintain close collaboration with the Composer/Music Director to ensure consistent audio delivery for the player
• Coordinate the recording, creation, implementation and mixing of game audio and cinematics
• Advise on technical issues of the voice recording pipeline and coordinate post-processing activities to maintain a consistent soundscape with the audio
• Improve and develop sound production networks based on company vision, needs and direction
• Balance responsibility between systematic and artisanal methods Manage the audio team’s workload and the distribution of tasks in collaboration with Production
• Coordinate with Production to promote clear communication within the team while maintaining good relations with your fellow department directors
• Collaborate with Business Development and Production to build talent and bandwidth by outsourcing where necessary
• Supervise the WWise project and carry out regular checks of the audio streams and the workflow
• Have made at least one game as audio director or several as audio chief
• Ability to communicate a clear vision and define implementation strategies
• Good written and spoken English skills
• Be comfortable learning from other colleagues and sharing theirs with others
• Be well organized and able to deal with unforeseen events, when necessary Experience and in-depth knowledge of WWise
• Experience using a professional DAW (e.g. Nuendo/Cubase/Reaper) in a production environment
• Work in the Larian Studios office in Quebec City, Canada or Guildford, England.
• Passion for RPG games or immersive simulation games
• Experience in the field of television, film or recording
We’re looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and a passion for the player experience. If you want to help create great RPG experiences, we want to hear from you!