Welcome to Game Music Jobs!
Senior Technical Sound Designer
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 “Game of the Year” awards and 100 “Editor’s Choice” awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
As a Senior Technical Sound Designer at Infinity Ward, you will use your technical and creative audio skills to be the bridge between the audio artistic direction of the game and its implementation within technical and production constraints. Joining an award winning team, you will help create a cinematic soundscape for our next AAA title from inception, leveraging your passion, experience and critical thinking to help guide team decisions and provide valuable input to your peers. All while applying your own craft to deliver experiences that exceed player expectations. As a leader in the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you, while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Assess needs and quality with the Audio Director.
- Establish and document the technical audio charter based on the creative direction and define technical audio needs (tools, process, etc.) for the project to ensure proper integration, in collaboration with the Audio Director and programmers.
- Design and create original audio content within the project’s creative direction
- Lead performance optimization and debugging phases.
- Scripting creative solutions for unique audio implementations
- Supervise the work of other Sound Designers on the audio team providing individual feedback and/or actively participating in audio reviews to ensure that the team’s work meets quality standards and remains in line with the audio vision
- Create and maintain audio-related documentation
- Coordinate with game designers and the audio team to reach audio aesthetic goals.
- Demonstrable passion for developing high quality audio and games.
- Seek and be open to feedback and suggestions from others.
- Technical curiosity, creativity
- Experience implementing audio using proprietary tools or commercial middleware
- Required familiarity of some scripting/coding language, experience with C, C++ a plus
- 5+ years of industry related experience (with two or more published AAA game credits).
- Strong knowledge of audio post process plugins
- Strong collaboration and communication skills across teams
- Extensive knowledge of Pro Tools
- Solid knowledge of studio audio equipment
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in music or audio or professional training in audio, CS degree a plus
- Musical knowledge a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.